Monday, February 18, 2008

The Adventure of the Christ-Life

Life has become a great adventure with the Lord of late. Though nothing cataclysmic has happened, there just seems to be a sense of adventure about the future. It is great to be in a place where you can completely trust the Lord for the future. I don't have to know what is going to happen next, I just trust the Lord and hang on. There is a wonderful sense of freedom in knowing that I'm not in charge of my life - God is. I can relax and rest in His arms.

For those who know me, this is quiet a change. I use to be a control-freak. I had to know what was going to happen next, and I hated surprises. I still don't like surprises too much, but I've begun to look forward to the adventure of each day. I know God is always at work, and I can partner with Him by allowing Him to lead me and use me for His glory. Is there anything greater? I haven't found it yet.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Okay, now that I have picked myself up out of the floor,(heehee) I really enjoyed reading your new post! Adventures with God can be scary and uncertain but also exciting at the same time. I love new beginnings with God. Eventually, maybe we will be a stones throw away! :o)
Joshua 3:5,Joshua told the people, "Consecrate yourselves,for tomorrow the Lord is going to do amazing things among you."