Friday, June 20, 2008

VISITING FRIENDS

Cecelia the girls and I are in Murfreesboro visiting friends. We're staying with Cecelia's best friend Patty and her family. Last night we had supper With Derrick, Joy and Tybee, our former worship leader who moved to Nashville in May. We met at the Red Lobster and had a great time. Tybee is growing, and is just beautiful. Derrick and Joy are doing well. I didn't realize how much I've missed them until we saw them again.

Patty's brother Barry took me golfing today. We played the Old Fort Course in Murfreesboro. We had a great time. Don't know what the score was - we were too afraid to add it up. The course was nice, but had a lot of water and sand. I spent a lot of time at "the beach."

We'll head back tomorrow (Saturday). It's been good to get away for a couple of days; just to unplug and relax. I heard a preacher say one time, "Unless you come apart for rest, you'll come apart." (Not sure if that's it exactly, but it's close.) God is good.

No comments: