Sunday, October 12, 2008

APPRECIATION

Today was Pastor Appreciation Day at Magna View. I was blown away at the generosity of our church. They presented us with a two-night stay in Asheville, NC and tickets to Biltmore too. Three families in the church are also taking care of our girls so Cecelia and I can have this time away alone. I couldn't believe it. Biltmore is one of my favorite places on earth. I love the history of it, and this is a perfect time of year to be going, right about the time the leaves will be changing. I can't wait to get there.

I can't believe the generosity of our church. Earlier this year they presented us with a car for our 10th anniversary as pastor. The car has been an answered prayer. I honestly didn't expect anything this year, but this church is just amazingly generous.

It has been a difficult year for our church and for our family. Many church members stood beside us and sometimes in front of us through some very difficult times. They have surrounded us with the love of God and have walked through the fires with us. Though it has been tough, it has also been an amazing experience. We have grown so much. Though it has been pastor appreciation day, it has really been a day that this pastor appreciates the church.

I don't know if any of the members actually read this blog, but I am so thankful to be a part of Magna View Baptist Church. There are some incredible people of God in this body. I pray that God will bless each one according to the richness of His grace and love. I look forward to serving God here and to what God is going to do in and through His church.

No comments: