Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

    Happy Mother's Day! I was thankful to have my mom with me in worship today. Mom is 85 years and is remarkably sharp. She doesn't move around very well, and she doesn't hear very well anymore, but she always seems to be in good spirits. Mom is a woman of great faith. She was diligent to take us kids to church when I was growing up. She was the nursery director at Sharon Baptist church in Knoxville for a number of year. And she faithfully sang in the choir. Though I didn't always enjoy having to go to church as a kid, I look back on those times with fond memories now.
     I'm very thankful for my mom. I pray for her daily, and I seek to draw from her example, that I might be an example of faith to my kids as well. I hope all moms have an enjoyable and special Mother's Day today.

No comments: